Upper-class Honors College students will be selected as peer tutors and assigned to live in The Honors Hall for the school year. Their primary obligation is tutoring first-year students living in the Honors Hall. Tutors receive no compensation and are responsible for their room and board. Peer tutors are required to perform the following duties:
- Tutor students and lead study groups.
- Serve as a mentor and positive role model to first year students in the Honors Hall.
- Enroll in HONR 201 Peer Leadership. Honors students can take up to 9 hours from a single source.
- Attend certain social and academic programs sponsored by the Honors College and the Resident Faculty Leaders of the Honors Hall, for the purpose of meeting students and encouraging them to participate in the peer tutoring program.
- Honors tutors will serve as Hotshots during move-in.
Resident tutors who do not perform the above duties will be removed from their position and may be asked to move to a new hall.